The problem isn’t that I’m thinking, the problem is what I’m thinking about…
The BoRG are 13 billion light years away! Hope is not lost!
I found this information while I was browsing the astronomy pages on Wikipedia (more common than my geek factor can really tolerate, but still) and I came across a list (see below) of the most distant astronomical objects (notice object 8 – with a red frame?).
As far as I can tell from the list, the “BoRG-58” (shown with red frame) is somewhere between 13 and 13.025 Gly away (that’s billions of light years). I’ve understood the “z” stands for red shift, however, part from that, I’m just guessing here.
Anyhow, we need not fear! There are no direct risk of getting across the BoRG in our lifetime… assimilation has been cancelled… the BoRG are so far away it’s silly… I mean travelling at warp 9.9 it would take them 13.4 million years to get here… But since they travel at transwarp speeds I can only assume they’d be here far sooner… (Frantic Googling did not yield a good calculation for transwarp speeds… I’m guessing the federation doesn’t know them – transwarp speeds that is – and I’d have to guess… further that it would have to be BoRG transwarp speeds as well… any transwarp speed would not do here!)
Ah well… life is full of uncertainty… Perhaps we’ll be assimilated in time for the next ice age?
But wait… BoRG-58?! Where the hell are the other 57 BoRGs? Shit! DAmn! CraP!
Update from my doctor:
- They are called “BORG” not “BoRG”
- They do not exist
- You always get like this when you live life with your imagination dialled all the way up to “too vivid to handle”!
- Eat your meds and call me in the morning…
Mom, this is a joke! Calm down!
I know the BORG is not really for real… At least I think they’re not really for real… did anyone came across any BORG? I may have… I especially remember one girlfriend…
OK, never mind that…
He could feel the room being charged with tension so palpable that the air felt electric.
Sometimes there’s an accident by the keyboard. This one came jumping at me (although it was originally in Swedish…)
Not only doesn’t it work, it laughs at you while you try using it… or well, it’s being scornful. I’m talking about Microsoft Outlook, that gave me the following comment (underlined red) when I tried to use it today.
So was the information helpful?… uh… I guess compared to faking that it can do the work and then tell me in about a week that sorry, I was just kidding, it is in fact helpful to get to know it cannot be done already on Monday…
- People aren’t one hundred percent perfect one hundred percent of the time, and the death penalty is a one hundred percent permanent punishment
- You can’t give life back to the dead, so maybe you shouldn’t be so eager to take it from the living?
- Isn’t the death penalty just another kind of murder? And what gives the executioner the right to do something no one else is allowed to do?
- You can’t compare murderers to wild animals in order to justify the death penalty because people aren’t animals!
- Neither religion nor nature really grants us the right for revenge or any other way to kill someone else
- Personal reasons and lust for revenge is not a valid reason to ask for a perpetrator to be executed–personally involved people aren’t even allowed to serve as judges or in any other official capacity in the court proceedings, the sentencing or the punishment (the term is “disqualification,”) why should personal reasons be used to demand the death penalty?
So, I just came across this one:
I have to wonder… what where they doing when they came up with that text? It is just so wonderfully, spaced out! …and totally stoned… haha!
In Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, using Unity, if you have opened an instance of a program, clicking the application icon for that program again will only select the most recently displayed window of that program.
Clicking again displays all windows of that program in a scaled down version (á la OSX 2000 or similar).
However, in order to open a second instance of a program you have to mouse-wheel-click on the icon (I’m only guessing, but middle-button-mouse-click might also work, left-right-mouse-button click does not…)
Another way to do it is holding down the Window-key and Shift while pressing the number for the application you want to open another instance of. Holding down the Window-button alone shows the numbers (but the applications on the bar are numbered starting with 1, but excluding the “Dash home”).
If life gives you a can of worms, go fishing! 😀
There is at least one failed plan behind every success.
Being a violinist means you have to be a sober, stationary person. Preferably a member of some philharmonic orchestra. Like this, right?
That you could behave like a rock star on stage is completely unlikely, or inappropriate, right? Or dance and play the violin? No way! True?