“How do you get crushing injuries from a virus?!”
“When the toilet paper tower comes crashing down…”
A: Whenever I hear my neighbors having loud sex I always think; get over yourselves! Nobody is having that much fun.
B: Consider the human condition for a moment. Isn’t it likely that by being louder in bed you’re not only able to convince your partner they’re much better in bed than they are, but also yourself that you’re having much more fun than you really are?
A: Get over yourself!
The decline in physical punishment was associated with a similar decline in the number of murdered children. Respondents who had been exposed to higher amounts of physical punishment than average scored significantly higher on alcohol abuse, depression, mental health problems, and schizotypal personality.
Do your kids a favor. Don’t beat them up…
At the same time, in the home of a politician that values feelings over facts:
– Dad, I think there’s a monster under my bed!
– Yes, son. You must always ask daddy for help checking under the bed and in the closet before you go to sleep because there can really be monsters there!
Human problem solving:
- We use logic,
- however, if we can’t use logic, we use emotions,
- and, if we can’t use emotions, we use violence,
- and, if we can’t use violence, we convince ourselves violence is wrong… Which takes us back to step 1.
Defining/scary moments in life:
- The first time you realize mom and dad don’t have all the answers.
- The first time you realize your doctor doesn’t have all the answers.
- The first time you realize there are questions that have no answers.