Shut up, I’ve patented language!
An officer of the law that breaks the law is more dangerous than a criminal.
Croakaine – the drug and the effect in one word!
Enemy combatant, a military ethnic slur for a person of Arabic or middle eastern descent.
Anschluss 2.0: Happening right now at a Russian-Ukranian border near you…
I mean, if Putin was any smart, he’d claim there was weapons of mass destruction in Ukraine, that would have worked, but using propaganda about threatened Russian speakers and arranging a ballot where 97% is for a separation… that is so 1930ies.
…or what happens at 10 past 10?
…or a celebration of conformity in the PR-business?
Search for any image of watches… chances are 90-99% of them show the time 10:10.
Why is that? Conspiracy? (Illuminati?!) Brain washing? Lack of imagination? EU/US standards? Laws against unjust competition? Fear of competitor advantages? Fabric settings?
I have no clue… But I do have 50 images of watches, all set to somewhere from 10:05 to 10:15… most almost spot on 10:08 or 10:12.
There are a few “wild” ones out there going as far as 10:20… but that’s Nike… and look… Diesel also goes to 10:20… Both are digital… New conformity?
Then we have the (not so wild) wild ones, (Adrenaline) that set their watches to ten to two…
- It was not the time of death of Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy or Martin Luther King
- It was not the time when the atom bombs were dropped, either on Hiroshima nor on Nagasaki
- It is about aesthetics; the hands are symmetrically placed, which makes the clock look nice (and not broken or unbalanced – something you’d probably not want from a clock)
- It is also about practicalities; the hands are not on top of each other, on top of the company logo, or on top of any date displays or other extra features (however the last one can be disproved by several of the above-depicted clocks – e.g. the Calvin Kline clock would show more extra features if it was set to 09:15.)
- It is also to make the clock look happier, you could achieve the above by setting it to 08:20, but then the clock would seem like it’s frowning
That’s all good and well… but… the digital clocks…? None of the above reasons are valid for them… other than the fact that setting them to 10:10 or similar follows some company policy. Timex sets their clocks to 10:09:36 exactly, just to mention one such company policy.
Things worth explaining are seldom that easy to explain.
- People aren’t one hundred percent perfect one hundred percent of the time, and the death penalty is a one hundred percent permanent punishment
- You can’t give life back to the dead, so maybe you shouldn’t be so eager to take it from the living?
- Isn’t the death penalty just another kind of murder? And what gives the executioner the right to do something no one else is allowed to do?
- You can’t compare murderers to wild animals in order to justify the death penalty because people aren’t animals!
- Neither religion nor nature really grants us the right for revenge or any other way to kill someone else
- Personal reasons and lust for revenge is not a valid reason to ask for a perpetrator to be executed–personally involved people aren’t even allowed to serve as judges or in any other official capacity in the court proceedings, the sentencing or the punishment (the term is “disqualification,”) why should personal reasons be used to demand the death penalty?
If you use bombs to promote your political agenda, the risk is, people won’t hear your message over the explosions.